布旗文字所應探討的議題： Key questions to ask about the context of neighborhood are : Which one is the poorest? Where does culturally (by culturally I mean ethnical/sexual identity) oppressed people live mostly? Where does vulnerable, downtrodden, neglected people live? We are looking for subcultures, minorities etc. We are looking for shanty towns, slum houses, squatters, people who must be clever and inventive to survive.
Regarding the building it must be at least 160-180m. that means approx. 45-50 floors to obtain a bird’s eye view. The phrase will be written by vinyl. The letters will be printed and we will cut and tape them on the roofs. And paint them with phosphoric paint.
The phrase is approx. 15m. width and 2.2m. long. For example 3 roofs side by side with 5m.width will do it. Of course the measures of the phrase can vary regarding the roofs.
I will send you a simulation or plan of the phrase soon.
計畫所需之相關材料： 1. neighborhood
2. roofs (at least 15m. long)
3. assistants (3 or 4: One of them will use the camcorder during the intervention while the others will paste the phrase)
4. A. phrase which is formed/come up in a workshop process with inhabitants (ex: aphorism, political maxim, expression, idiom, saying belongs to subculture for the occasion)
4. B. if it is not the case the saver phrase: “WE WILL WIN.”
5. printed letters
6. tapes (thick and wide dual side approx. 45m.)
7. phosphoric paint, brushes, buckets (price for phosphoric paint(16m2) is 400 $)
8. building (at least 160-180m./45-50 floors)
9. camera with zoom(I will bring mine)
10. camcorder(one of the assistant will use during the intervention)